Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Very Short Interview, Part 2

**On a note completely separate from this assignment: Ahhhh only a week left!!! We're almost done guys yay**

Now, moving on to ENT..

(1) Looking back on my first interview, I asked Adam some pretty general questions about his business, like how he got started and if he would have changed anything up until that point. I get a pretty good impression from the interview about what some personality traits/qualities/lifestyle changes entrepreneurs have to have/make to be successful (the main one being busy - it was not easy to get a hold of him). It probably would have been more beneficial for me to ask him what he thought about owning a business in general, rather than his business in particular. Going with this train of thought, I decided to ask him different questions in this interview.

(2) The Interview
1. Question: Do you think owning/operating your business has changed your personality?
Answer: Absolutely. I think that starting Extreme made me a lot more responsible and accountable for my actions. Spending a lot of time with customers has also given me better communication skills and real world experience.
2. Question: What steps would you recommend to someone thinking about operating a business?
Answer: I would tell them to research the field they're trying to enter before making any moves. I'd also tell them to try and talk to people already in the industry, which is what I did for Extreme. After that, it's a matter of hard work and persistence to get the job done.
3. Question: In your opinion, can anyone be an entrepreneur?
Answer: Yes! It's a lot of hard work and needs a lot of effort, but anyone who is willing to put in the work should give it a shot.

(3) Now that the class is nearing the end, I really feel I've gotten a better sense of what it takes to become an entrepreneur. When I first spoke to Adam, I had a very abstract idea of the concepts we discussed. After coming up with my own idea, I see that there is a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to developing and enforcing an entrepreneurial venture. I was more comfortable discussing the topics because I was now more familiar with the concepts I was asking him about. I'm not really sure if Adam noticed a difference in my "entrepreneurial prowess," but I feel like I asked better questions in this interview because of it.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bianca! Great Job on the assignment! I had the same idea that when we first did the interview the questions were very general and didn’t allow me to really understand what it means to be an entrepreneur. I think the questions that you used allowed you to really understand certain business aspects of being an entrepreneur. You can check out my short interview here http://courtneysrymer.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-shor-interview-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete