Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 13 Reading Reflection

I thought this week's reading was pretty interesting. I think that knowing how to value a company is very important, because the entrepreneur should know their company's worth and potential investors will need to be able to figure out an appropriate amount to invest. I'm surprised that some people enter the "entrepreneurial area" at all by acquiring a venture. I would think that one would want some experience operating a business first before buying one from someone else. I was also somewhat surprised by the length of the due diligence evaluation, as I'm sure first-time entrepreneurs buying a business would not think of all of the topics listed. I would ask the author whether they think it would be good practice for people to just buy a business or whether it makes more sense for people to start their own venture first. I agreed with everything the author wrote in the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment