Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

I liked this week's reading as it related to a lot of the material I've discussed in my management course here at UF. I agree with the author that strategic planning is more essential for a larger business to grow and expand than for a smaller operation (with much less people). By having a plan for the future, business are better able to prepare themselves for any issues that may be down the road. I was surprised to learn that in a study of 220 companies, 39.9% of companies had no written plan at all. As a person on a team, I would feel extremely uncomfortable if I knew my company was not following any sort of guide, because it ends up appearing as though the company is "winging it". As I was already familiar with the material in the book, I agree with what the author says, and don't think I would ask him anything about this section.

No comments:

Post a Comment