Looking at my blog, I feel like I've come really far over the course of the semester. From first coming up with my venture idea, to interviewing possible customers to receiving critique on my various posts, this semester and its assignments have been filled with twists and turns. My most formative experience was probably my first round of customer interviews. I was so nervous to talk to strangers, and even more nervous to film the encounter. I feel like I'll remember every exercise where I had to film strangers, just because of the mental anxiety I encountered every time I have to do so. While I don't think I had a "most joyous" experience, I felt euphoric every time I completed an assignment (moreso when the assignment involved recordings/interviews). The assignment(s) where I was the most proud of myself were the elevator pitches. It usually took me a bunch of tries before I did a halfway decent video, so finally saying what I wanted to say in a professional manner always made me happy.
Now that we're at the home stretch of the semester, I feel more like an entrepreneur than I did in the beginning of the course. Would I brag to my friends that I'm an entrepreneur? Honestly - probably not, considering MA was a made up venture. However, I feel more prepared to enter the world of entrepreneurs, and have more of an idea of the steps I would have to take, should I ever want to open my own business. To future students taking this course, I would recommend staying on top of all the assignments. It's hard to know how involved an assignment is by looking at the title of it, so it's important to read the assignment to know what it entails and set aside enough time to complete it. To foster that mindset, I would recommend checking the Canvas calendar daily to see when upcoming assignments are due, and remind them that assignments are due at 9 pm, not midnight!
Hey Bianca I enjoyed reading your blog, I agree with you, I felt the best during my elevator pitches. It was fun to see myself getting better every time I attempted them. I agree about not bragging. However I to feel like I am now better suited to deal with entrepreneurial efforts. Overall I enjoyed this class as well. Below is my blog post feel free to give it a read.
ReplyDeletehttp://boyettblog12.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
Hey Bianca!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post! You definitely are preaching when you say checking what the assignment is and that they are due at 9 instead of midnight! I also agree that this class took me out of my comfort zone. I am glad you enjoyed this class and I did too. If you want to check out mine the links is below. http://tgbentrepreneurshipblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept.html
Hi Bianca! First off, I love the picture you chose for this, it fits perfectly! It is so great that you are coming out of this course feeling more confident and experienced; I feel the same way too. The elevator pitches were tough, but overall I enjoyed being using them to be able to be creative to get my idea across. I also feel more prepared entering the business world after taking this class, it was quite the experience and I'm glad we were able to get through it! Great job, check out mine here http://jenniecarmody.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
ReplyDeleteYou can always find event venues Chicago packed on a weekend night and sometimes they host parties that you can't get into, but other than that happening every once in a while this is the place to be. They have nice upstairs and down stairs area.
ReplyDelete