Sunday, April 24, 2016
Week 15 Reading Reflection
The biggest surprise for me in the reading was that the company talked about in the article, SKS Microfinance, only made loans to women. According to the article, women are more likely to reinvest their earnings into their household, which makes them safer people to lend money to. I was still surprised to learn that because of this tendency, the company strictly only loaned money to women. I was confused by this as well, because in America the men are historically the main breadwinners of the household, whereas in India the opposite may be true. I would probably ask the author why they completely will not loan money to men, and whether they think this practice has been a good business decision. As the author was writing about his own business, I don't disagree with anything he said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment