Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

1. My general strategy for search optimization was to try to use the same shortening of my service, MA, in several of my posts. This way, if people searched for ENT blogs with the keyword "MA", there was a chance it would show up.

2. My main keyword was MA, which was short for Mid-Assist, the name of my service. This keyword was pretty clear for me, as I mentioned it in all of my posts that talked about the service (so throughout the course of the semester - quite a few posts!). I also used the key words of ENT 3003 and blogspot. I kept these keywords the same during the semester as I never changed the name of my idea.

3. This time around, I did not use social media to enhance my SEO. However, if MA was a real thing, making posts and hashtags across social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter would be sure to strum up traffic to my blog, and hopefully spread the word about MA to potential customers.

4. My most viral post was my third round of customer interviews. I think that this got the most views because (at least for me) this was one of the more challenging assignments, as I was running out of things to ask customers. I would imagine people looked at my blog to generate some ideas on what they could ask in their own customer interviews.

5. When typing in "ENT 3003 MA" into Google, I do end up on the first page of results.

                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bianca,
    Your post was actually well thought out, but I was kind of disappointed in the picture ;) no hard feelings? Your usage of key words is inspiring, and I’m impressed that your interviews were your most popular! I tried to advertise my blog in China… it didn’t really turn out well.
    Check out my Google Gold post here:
    http://rileyent.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete