In my customer interviews, I decided to explore the opportunity of adding more parking spots on and around campus. In each interview, I tried to gauge how important the interviewee thought the issue was as well as if they would be willing to pay extra money in order to create a solution. I didn't exactly have an interview strategy, but I will say that it was pretty challenging for me to walk up to people and ask to interview/record them. I tried to interview a mix of people who lived on and off campus, both with cars and without, to get a more rounded view of what potential customers think of this opportunity. After interviewing people, I think that most people would agree that there are not enough spots for the number of students attending. Four of the five people interviewed stated that they would be okay with paying a small fee to UF with the promise of building more parking structures. Three of those five people did not live on campus, and one of those people did not have a car. This demonstrates the extent to which students believe there should be more parking on campus.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Customer Interviews No. 1
In my customer interviews, I decided to explore the opportunity of adding more parking spots on and around campus. In each interview, I tried to gauge how important the interviewee thought the issue was as well as if they would be willing to pay extra money in order to create a solution. I didn't exactly have an interview strategy, but I will say that it was pretty challenging for me to walk up to people and ask to interview/record them. I tried to interview a mix of people who lived on and off campus, both with cars and without, to get a more rounded view of what potential customers think of this opportunity. After interviewing people, I think that most people would agree that there are not enough spots for the number of students attending. Four of the five people interviewed stated that they would be okay with paying a small fee to UF with the promise of building more parking structures. Three of those five people did not live on campus, and one of those people did not have a car. This demonstrates the extent to which students believe there should be more parking on campus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really liked your interview, and it seems as if you thoroughly thought your questions through to reach your final end goal. I had never thought about just going up to random students and asking them your questions while taking the video, it is a very bold move! I also really liked how you diversified your different interviewees by picking some in campus as well as some living off campus. Overall, Great job!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your interviews, and don't worry, we have all ran into a few problems here and there. You're not the only one who felt uncomfortable at first with walking up to random people and questioning them. I would most definitely have to agree with your assessment on a lack of parking spots to house our huge student and faculty body. Terrific job on this, and keep working on it!
ReplyDelete