Monday, January 11, 2016

Introduction Post

Hello to whoever may be reading this post!

My name is Bianca Marques, and I am a junior pursuing a Finance degree at the University of Florida. I'm taking this class on campus, but grew up in Cooper City, a small city in south Florida. When not at school, I live at home with my mom, dad, sister, and pet cat. I like to watch movies, hang out with friends, go to Disney, and work at my job (selling prizes, tokens, and frozen yogurt at a local arcade).

My dad is the general manager of the arcade where I have worked with him for the past 4 years. The home relationship clashing with work has occasionally resulted in some arguments over the years, but working with my dad has been an overall great experience. My mom is currently working at a furniture company, and before that she had owned and operated restaurants with my dad for the past 10 years. I had always admired her entrepreneurial abilities, which is one of the reasons I was interested in taking this course. My sister is currently a junior in high school, and is in the process of taking her SATs and looking into which college she may attend. I love my family a lot, so leaving to go to school was hard, but it's comforting to know that they are supporting me from home and want me to succeed.

As far as what I want to do in my life, I haven't quite figured it out. As far as a career goes, I hope to work in a company with a fun environment, with people that I can form friendships with. This is my first semester as a Finance major (I previously switched from accounting) so I'm still looking into what careers involve finance, and whether any of them would be a good fit for me. On the personal side of the coin, one day I would like to get married and have kids, and see the world somewhere in between.

From left: My dad, sister Miranda, me, and my mom



No comments:

Post a Comment