Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection

What stood out to me the most in the reading was the section where it discussed how entrepreneurs don't really create ventures- rather, creating a venture turns a person into an entrepreneur. I have never thought of entrepreneurship like that, so for me that section allowed me to take a step back and view entrepreneurship in a new light. I also didn't realize how many negative things can occur from being a entrepreneur, like loneliness and people problems. I was confused by the idea that entrepreneurs can have unrealistic optimism, simply because I feel that I would approach every situation with a great deal of caution and trepidation. I would ask the author if they thought that it would be necessary for an entrepreneur to have the negative side effects to truly be successful, and if it is necessary for entrepreneurs to have some level of a "destructive vein" to really appreciate their level of success. I agreed with the author's viewpoints in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment