I really enjoyed receiving all the feedback I got from my last elevator pitch. There were a lot of insightful comments, leading me to believe that people watched my idea and truly thought it could become a reality. The main aspect I've changed based on the feedback I received is the pricing model. I originally said that the first 3 rides would be free for students, and all additional ride fees would be determined by distance. Then, someone brought to my attention that Uber rides are a lot cheaper than I had thought, putting MA in direct competition with a pretty large competitor. To avoid this, I've decided that students will be offered a semester fee while paying their tuition (somewhere in between $5-$15 depending on location), and after that fee is paid they can have unlimited rides for that semester. Because of this, MA will remain a UF student-exclusive service and is hopefully more cost-friendly to UF students.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Elevator Pitch No. 3
I really enjoyed receiving all the feedback I got from my last elevator pitch. There were a lot of insightful comments, leading me to believe that people watched my idea and truly thought it could become a reality. The main aspect I've changed based on the feedback I received is the pricing model. I originally said that the first 3 rides would be free for students, and all additional ride fees would be determined by distance. Then, someone brought to my attention that Uber rides are a lot cheaper than I had thought, putting MA in direct competition with a pretty large competitor. To avoid this, I've decided that students will be offered a semester fee while paying their tuition (somewhere in between $5-$15 depending on location), and after that fee is paid they can have unlimited rides for that semester. Because of this, MA will remain a UF student-exclusive service and is hopefully more cost-friendly to UF students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I’m curious about how far would MA go? Some students live over by Archer, and other over by the hospital. Would MA only offer rides to people who lived within walking distance or would it offer rides to the majority of off campus students? Where would the cut of be for MA? Also would $5-$15 be enough money to cover the use of MA?
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to my Elevator Pitch 3: http://ent3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3-week-ten.html
Hey Bianca, I really like your idea and the way you delivered your elevator pitch. I also liked how you considered the comments that people posted on the previous exercise. Would this service already come included in tuition? Or would students have a choice whether to pay for this service? How late with this service run? Other than addressing those questions I think you did a good job. Here is the link to my blog post, feel free to check it out
ReplyDeletehttp://ent1646.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html
Hey Bianca, good idea, I'm a little confused on a few points, if this is going to be UF affiliated, why not simply expand snap to have off campus vans to cover off campus housing to those eligible from paying the fee, alternatively the buses are large vehicles that take students to most apartment complexes and neighborhoods and run extremely late on weekends, their hours could be expanded, since the program already exists, is UF tuition supported and takes students to most housing locations, why try to create this new thing? You should check out my elevator pitch http://imalsonotadoctor.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html
ReplyDelete