Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 11 Reading Reflection

I agreed with the majority of this week's reading. I especially agreed when Gary Pisano, the author, stated that "innovation remains a frustrating pursuit...despite massive investments of manager time and money". This makes absolute sense, because (in my humble opinion) no amount of money is going to make someone or a certain idea become innovative. An idea needs to be thought of and cultivated - paying a lot of money to a manager to sit and think of ideas doesn't guarantee success. I don't think that I agree entirely with Pisano's views. While I think that certain business may foster innovation, I don't think that selecting a certain business strategy guarantees innovation. I would probably ask Pisano which business strategy he believes is the most effective for fostering innovation and if he has had any personal experience in operating a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment