Sunday, March 27, 2016

Amazon Whisperer



Since the entrepreneurial venture I created is actually a service, I couldn't really pick a "next product" for this assignment. That being said, in keeping with the spirit of the thing the item I chose was a seat cover with a Gator symbol on it (I figured maybe all of the MA cars will have at least one of these to either show school spirit or identify itself from SNAP vans). I've attached a picture of the product below:




Looking at the picture, the seat cover looks like it fits nicely on the car seat, the gator symbol appears prominent and centered, and the material looks like it would be of a high quality. The customer reviews on this product are pretty mixed. In general, customers thought the gator logo was of a high quality, but the rest of the product had something to be desired. Many customers found the item difficult to install, ripping it in the process of installation. Others found the quality of the cover to be lacking, saying it was uncomfortable to sit on.

To fix the issues this product has, I would make the cover have 2 separate pieces instead of one huge piece; I think this will simplify the installation process. I would also make the cover in different skews with different material to better fit different cars. The Amazon Whisperer article discussed that the more variations of a product there are, the more shelf space that product can command. Therefore, offering different material options provides for higher customer satisfaction and (hopefully) a larger portion of the market.

As far as adding this to my service, I don't think I would be selling this to my customers. Rather, it could be something that comes included with MA cars as an identifying piece.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bianca,

    I think this is a solid idea to add to your service. It's always good to have some uniformity, and of course what better symbol to put on the seats than a popular UF logo for your school-sponsored transportation service. However, if you've improved the cover to where it's comfortable and easy to install, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to sell on the side! Clearly, there's a want for the product and a dissatisfaction with the one that's currently available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bianca, great idea for solving the issue with the installation process, I can see that you have good critical thinking skills, which is very helpful for anybody trying to start up an entrepreneurial venture. Also, I think that your idea to put a Gator symbol on your product is very innovative, and shows that you're good at finding ways to improve upon your products and gain a loyal customer base, the UF student population. The Gator symbol will also add a sense of brand labeling to your product. Great job, and here's a link to my blog post so that you can check out my venture aspirations.
    http://camcoop8.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete