Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half-Way Reflection



1. Tenaciousness is definitely something you learn as you go through this course. By going out and talking to people, you can become better at expressing your thoughts and ideas, as well as learning how to better interact with people and see how they're thinking and feeling. Some of the behaviors I've developed while being in this class are looking ahead for assignments to see how much work they require, blogging in general, and uploading videos to YouTube.

2. There has been more than one or two moments during this class where I thought I wouldn't be able to complete an assignment. What pulled me through is knowing that once I actually started to do the assignment, it wouldn't end up being so bad. While I don't think I've developed a tenacious attitude, I have made steps towards becoming more outgoing. The experiences that have contributed the most to this have been those assignments where we had to go out and talk to/record people.

3. Three tips I would offer students in this class is to not be afraid to talk to people (I was, and it ended up being fine), give thoughtful feedback to other students because it can make you think more about your own ideas, and to really listen to the feedback you receive from other customers/classmates because they could potentially be your future customers!

2 comments:

  1. Bianca,

    I completely agree with you that the worst part about going out and talking to people is the anticipation leading up to it. Once you actually put yourself out there it isn't nearly as hard or bad as previously anticipated. I also agree that this class has taken a great deal of planning ahead and keeping up with assignments. Keep up the great work, best of luck!
    Check out my reflection here: http://amyent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-relfection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bianca. I agree with your advice about not being afraid to talk to people. I was afraid at first too, because interviewing random people is such a weird experience. But after a while it became easier and you realize that the more comfortable you seem with the interview, the more comfortable the other person is too. Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    http://laurasici.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete