Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1


The opportunity I am choosing to pursue is transportation. Specifically, the lack of transportation for students in midtown trying to get safely home. My idea is "Mid-Assist", a set of school-sponsored cars that would transport students from the midtown area to their on/off campus dorm or apartment. I think this fulfills an unmet need because the current school-sponsored vehicles, SNAP, only operate on the UF campus. This doesn't benefit the large majority of UF students who live off campus or students at midtown who would be forced to walk home at unsafe times of the night. By adding this type of service to what UF already has, the school would be able to help more students get home safely.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bianca,

    Great elevator pitch! You're pitch was the most clearly expressed pitch I've heard so far. I also think that you're opportunity definitely exists and that the solution could easily be implementable (assuming you could get adequate funding from the university).

    Feedback:
    1.) Stand up! You had a great presentation but I think it could have been even better if you stand up and express yourself with some passion. Remember, individuals that will offer the funding for your idea to get to the next level want to see that you're committed to making your idea a reality.
    2.) Practice, practice, practice. The more you practice, the less it'll seem like you're reading off a speech or pausing to think about what you're going to say next. This just comes with time however.
    3.) Maybe include some ideas as to what areas could be serviced first? This makes your idea more tangible and gives the investor a better idea if you truly know what you're pitching to them.

    Once again, great job. Please check out my elevator pitch and leave some feedback!

    http://justslothin.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete